Welcome Daring Explorers and Followers of Jesus!

“Therefore I urge you brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship” Romans 12: 1
“Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” I Corinthians 6:19-20
Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful” I Corinthians 4:2
“The medical research is clear that the deeper your true spiritual faith, the more likely you are to have a better mental and physical health outcome. You are much more likely to cope better with illness and to recover from disease.” – Dr. Walt Larimore. M.D.
“A private relationship of worshiping God is the greatest essential element of SPIRITUAL FITNESS. It is in the unseen life that you become perfectly fit.

3/15/13

Focus on Emotional and Mental Health


Hi Readers,

In the next weeks I am going to focus lots of posts on Emotional and Mental Health and I will surely also welcome your comments and experiences with Natural Health Supplements as well as utilizing food as 'medicine'. In other words, consuming specific foods that contain specific nutrients that aid in enhancing mood, memory, energy levels, attitude, sleep patterns, positive thoughts and emotions and also chemical imbalances.

I realize there are varied views and opinions on these topics in the improvement of mental, emotional and brain health. That's one reason we can 'discuss' and 'share' these here and on Facebook/Twitter.

I am on a personal quest in these areas and have begun my regimen of supplements and food. Prior to posting anything specific, I am going to journal each day on my perceptions, feelings, reactions and improvements. When I have had adequate time to document improvements and changes, I will then be open about the specifics of my protocol.



Here's a quote from my article, "Lifestyle Wellness":

"Wellness is about TOTAL YOU, but it is not achieved by accident; just picking the examples of wellness that you like and minimizing the other, doesn't work in the long run.

Optimal lifestyle wellness begins with a conscious, intentional decision or choice to assume responsibility for the quality of your life."

It may mean raising your standards above what you have been comfortable with. 
It will require 
 time,
commitment, 
energy, 
motivation and
attitude." 

Passion Flowers -- Central Florida

I am hopeful and expectant of improvements, differences and changes and will welcome all of them, minor or major. Always, my heart's desire is for wellness, wholeness, sustainable lifestyle changes and spiritual growth for ALL of us, so we can be the best we can for those in our lives and ultimately for the glory of God. 

Christ in us is hope; it is the knowledge and faith of His ever-present help in our times of crises, trouble, distress, stress, imbalance, illness and even chemical imbalance. He is our wisdom and the source of all knowledge. I am confident He can lead each one of us in the exact path we should go to journey towards His wellness plan for us.

Will you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment